How to choose a WiFi router for home with high speed, good quality, multiple functions, and reasonable price? Let's take a look.
No matter what products you are choosing, the first choice is to make clear your own needs. If you choose products according to your actual needs, it will be very clear. Because all kinds of wireless routers in the market are different in performance, function, and application. If you choose blindly, it will not only cause waste in expenses but also the chosen product will have a great impact on the network.
1. Product specification includes 50m, 150m, 300m, etc. When it comes to product specifications and performance, it may sound professional. Don't worry, just read it patiently because these are actually easy to understand and we have mentioned above. Before we buy products, we must make clear our own needs. For example, if you have 1m ADSL broadband access, and you have a notebook, which is mainly for Internetwork, and your parents use a desktop Either watch stocks or play games on the Internet. Clear your own needs, and everything is easy to do. You can buy a 54m or a higher 150m wireless routing which can meet your network needs. Don't just focus on wifi router for home price and choose these products you don't need such as the 300m.
2. At this point, we should remind consumers that there are some router-specific parameters on the outer box of the product, such as wireless standard, transmission rate, signal coverage, and so on. These parameters need special attention when we buy. At present, there are two mainstream wireless standards supported by wireless router products, one is IEEE 802.11g, and the other is 802.11n. The so-called IEEE 802.11g standard is what we often call a 54m wireless router, and the transmission speed of 802.11n standard is 300mbps, up to 600mbps, which can be downward compatible with 802.11b and 802.11g. A 54m wireless routing can not only meet the daily needs of multiple PCs surfing the Internet and simple multimedia file transmission but also fully responsive to the new network management functions on Vista, so that network devices and operating systems form a complete management platform. But if there are many obstacles between the WiFi router for home and the computer, we need a 300m WiFi router for home with strong signal penetration, which can ensure the smooth flow of network applications such as video, online games, and VoIP even when the network is busy.
3. Pay attention to the design of a WiFi router for home antenna when purchasing. The quality of the antenna determines the range of signal coverage and the stability of the connection. The product is generally equipped with a 2dBI antenna, which can meet the room coverage of 50-80 square meters, and the stability performance is acceptable. However, if you live in a house with an area of more than 100 square meters, the antenna of 2dBI will be a little inadequate. If the standard 5dBi antenna is equipped, the coverage and connection stability of the product can be enhanced. However, we need to pay attention to the fact that the design of the antenna has nothing to do with the number, the built-in, or external.
In order to ensure the quality of the WiFi router for home, real-time update of application service, and good after-sales technical service should be assured. Consumers need to ask for the technical support and after-sales service of wireless network suppliers during the purchase. A good after-sales service mechanism can make users feel at ease. For the specific methods of application settings and sudden failures or problems, users can quickly get assistance and solutions through telephone consultation, online assistance, and other ways. This is also the guarantee that any product can closely reach the user's mind.
1. First of all, when we purchase a WiFi router for home, if conditions permit, you'd better test the performance of the machine. The first is to test the basic hardware such as power supply, switch, and router indicator. Some wireless router power supply is not suitable, or the switch is not sensitive, or the indicator light is not on or not all on. These problems often appear in a real purchase. Some of them are due to the uneven quality level of the manufacturer's products which means sellers use shoddy products to pretend the good ones, so we should pay more attention to the purchase.
2. The second is signal coverage and transmission rate. The test of signal coverage is relatively simple. Generally, the wireless signal can be received within 50 meters in the room, which indicates that this product basically meets the quality requirements. If you pay more attention to signal coverage, you can change some patterns to test. For example, put the wireless router in a closed cabinet to test the signal. Wireless transmission rate test can also use the time of file transmission to see whether the rate is fast or slow. It takes about a minute for a 54m wireless router to transmit a 100m file, while you have a 300m wireless router is set to transmit a 100m file? It only takes about 30 seconds to transfer a 100m file!